Wednesday, November 16, 2011

An Artist At Work

I have been lucky enough to have seen the extreme tides of the Bay of Fundy.

It is an amazing experience to see the whirlpools and counter currents in the rivers going up and down at the same time.

My assumption was this only happens in the Bay of Fundy.

London and the Thames River have exactly the same huge changes in tides.  Opposite sides of the ocean so naturally, why wouldn't they?  It was one of those Homer Simpson, duhhh,... moments.

I don't know who initially said, ... "The more I learn the less I know"", ...

However it is true, ... knowledge comes with a price.

After going off on my tangent regarding global tides, ... and supposed knowledge, ...this picture is of a sand artist creating his masterpiece on the bottom of the south bank of the Thames river.

There until the tide comes in, ... until, ... thanks to photography and the internet., ... it could survive forever.


Nikon D700, Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100, 1/60 sec at f/8, ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment