Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Flats For Rent

Another picture of a walk along the south bank of the Thames.  I thought the old crane, (which used to be part of warehouse) was really nostalgic and cool.

As Robin and I walked past a real estate office I saw ads for "fully furnished flats for rent" in the same area. Only   £640 ($960 Canadian). 

I thought that was the average price for a fully furnished apartment, where you still have to pay all utilities.  


Until I read the fine print, ... £640 ($960 Canadian) a week ?!?!


That is almost  $4,000 a month in Canadian dollars.   For rent  !!!  Yikes !!!


While a nice place to visit, ... I couldn't afford to live there.


So much for the nice, nostalgic crane.




Nikon D700, Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100, 1/1000 sec at f/8, ISO 200

No comments:

Post a Comment