Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Cautious Merchant

When I took this photo, I was concentrating on the colours of the fruits.

Reviewing the photos, I noticed the expression on the store keeper's face in the glass.

Eyebrow raised, ... curious, ... concerned or just wondering who is the handsome photographer from Canada?

Although I prefer the handsome Canadian photographer scenario, (we all have a little Indiana Jones in us don't we), ... "handsome" photographer is extremely unlikely, ...

She was probably thinking, is this idiot going to steal the fruit and run?  Is the health department checking out the cleanliness of my store, ... or who is this stupid tourist taking pictures of fruit that are avaliable in their own country?

She thought I was going to steal the mangoes.

Regardless, ...  I caught my first real "decisive" moment.  Thank you Henri Cartier-Bresson.

From a guy who only takes nature photos, ... I am hooked.


Nikon D700, AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm, 1/640 sec at f/8, ISO 640

No comments:

Post a Comment