Thursday, December 1, 2011

St Giles Cathedral

Walking up High Street in Edinburgh I came upon St Giles.  The exterior was incredibly beautiful.

After circling the church I found the front door.  The extrance was ultra modern with automatic opening doors and neon lights.  I have to say at that point I was more than a little bit let down.

I had assumed that catherdral were supposed to look like they in did my high school history books, ... not neon and glass.

I can still remember the feeling after I entered the cathedral through the glass doors, ...  I was in awe.  It was more beautiful than I could have imagined.

I can't even remember how long I was inside.  Time just seemed to cease to exist.  If you are ever in Edinburgh this is a must see.


Nikon D700, AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm, 1/40 sec at f/2.8, ISO 640

No comments:

Post a Comment